Monday, June 6, 2011

Toronto Modern Quilt Guild -- Robert Kaufman Challenge

I joined the Toronto Modern Quilt Guild last month. They have been working on a challenge since March but I was able to participate as well, I just have less time to complete it. 

The rules were pretty simple. We were given a kona solids charm pack in the 'dusty' palette. We had to use the charm pack, plus only ONE metre of ONE additional fabric (could be solid or print). I chose a light grey linen/cotton blend as my extra fabric. I also went with a design where I wouldn't have to cut up the charm squares too much as I wanted the quilt to turn out a functional size.         

I am going to add a grey border and then the top will be finished. There are no rules about what we can use for the back and binding... I have a few ideas of what I want to do for the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!